Friday, July 1, 2011

Book Review - A Place Called Blessing

I had another wonderful opportunity to read and review a book through Book Sneeze. As an avider (and fast) reader this program is awesome!

I review for BookSneeze®

This time I read A Place Called Blessing: Where Hurting Ends and Love Begins By John Trent with Annette Smith. When I chose the book I wasn't 100% sure whether I was ordering fiction or non-fiction. Overall it sounded like a great story so I was willing to try it either way. I found the book very interesting and well written from the start. It was fast paced and an easy read. I moved through it so fast I couldn't believe it.

I found this to be an extremely touching book. A child who doesn't believe he can be loved learns what love is. A story can't get more touching than that. As someone who has not experienced this type of hardship it certainly helps give a glimpse into what life is like when a tragedy strikes. I am hoping it can help me to be more empathetic to people who have had such horrible experiences.

Overall it is a great book. I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment